A great opportunity for imaginative photography!
Geology is all around us impacting on our daily life. It's in our shopping baskets, our homes, our streets as well as mountains and volcanoes, beaches and quarries.
Send us your favourite photographs (up to 3) on any geological topic taken within the last year.
These will be put on display at the Festival of Geology, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT on 6 November 2010 from 10.30 - 4.30.
First Prize £100, Second Prize £50, 3rd Prize £25.
Winners' entries may be published in the Geologists' Association magazine.
1. Amateur photographers only.
2. Closing date for the competition is 1st November 2010
3. Only three entries per individual.
4. Maximum size A4
5. The organisers cannot accept responsibility for entries lost or damaged in the post.
6. A signed entry form must be securely attached to the back of each entry.
7. The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
8. Judging will take place and prizes will be presented at the Festival of Geology at University
College London on 6th November 2010
9. Photographic entries may be used in any future publications or publicity by the Geologists'
10. We regret that entries cannot be returned unless accompanied by an s.a.e.
More details on the GA website.