Tuesday 19 December 2017

Crochet and Climate Change

Using Crochet to Demonstrate Climate Change

If you can't think of a pattern to crochet look at your local temperature records!



The bed cover above inspired a professor at Penn State to put up the following poster at the recent 2017 AGU (American Geophysical Union) Meeting. It shows the highest temperature of each day from January to April in Philidelphia in 1917, 1967 and 2017. The differences are obvious!



Finding daily historical records for Bristol is difficult unless you go into the depths of the Met Office - I looked and was immediately out of my depth!

Recent data can be got from Totterdown! See HERE, but you might need to contact Barry by email to get some earlier years.

I have been in contact with Barry and he writes:-

Hello Graeme

A very interesting look at weather data!

I am pleased you have shared your site as I am a keen walker and love geology (not that I know a lot).

If you want more historical data from my site have a look here http://www.bristolweather.org/Historical.htm and feel free to help yourself. I don’t think anybody should own important data.

Acknowledgement of the source is all I ask.

Thank you

Barry

Barry_Horton@blueyonder.co.uk







No comments: